Bus/Welcome Center Parking
for visitors, the Welcome Center is located in the lower parking lot where our volunteer
Forest Hosts are stationed. Please stop by and say
hello or join our volunteer team to help inform new
visitors about Hopkins mission and activities.
Located in the upper parking lot, Everett Hall is a full-service event and meeting facility for educational programs and is available for private rentals.
Is the field office and contains educational space for Hopkins staff and OSU Extension Faculty to prepare and deliver field based educational programing at Hopkins.
The resources and tools to maintain facilities, provide education, and explore the management of our forest is housed in the shop.
Poppino Family Pavilion
A covered outdoor pavilion/classroom (with fireplace) is located close to the lower parking lot and contains amenities for educational groups to base their field day out of.
A small band sawmill and other woodworking tools used to convert some of our own logs to lumber. The cedar on the outside and inside of the main restroom was milled right here.
Originally constructed in 1954, the Clatskanie Mountain Fire Lookout was moved to its third location here at Hopkins. Restoration of the lookout tower was completed in 2021.
A small space for invited groups to be able to seek shelter from the weather on those cool fall and wet winter days.
Native Plant Garden
Adjacent to Hopkins Hall, the OSU Master Gardeners maintain a native planting area complete with walking paths and picnic tables.
Cedar Grove Shelter
A covered outdoor classroom located down in the forest for educational groups and visitors to break for lunch or rest on a wet and cool or hot day.
Forestry Skills Field
An open space next to the Cedar Grove Shelter for high school students
and Oregon youth to come learn and demonstrate
the necessary skills to work in natural resources and
related career fields.
Built by forestry high school students, the amphitheater contains open air, bench seating for nearly 100 youth complete with fire ring.
Molalla Log House
Estimated at over 200 years old and constructed sometime around 1800, this historic structure that predates Lewis and Clarks visit could be the oldest remaining log house located in Oregon.